Experienced WordPress Developer
Paragon Digital Marketing is an agency that prides itself in providing digital marketing services that support and grow the businesses that are the heart of our economy. We believe our core values should be evident in everything we do. Our clients are growing businesses that are fun to work with from around the country in a variety of interesting industries. We are passionate about our people, our planet and our community. Not just an agency, we are valued experts and trusted partners to our clients.
When you join Paragon, you become a member of our website development team. This role requires someone that can multi-task, who prides themselves in delivering quality work, is well organized and has a strong attention to detail. Good communication skills with the rest of the team and clients are important as well.
You will be an integral part of our website development team and work towards delivering the results our clients expect in a fast paced and fun environment. You will help plan, develop, and launch websites using WordPress with customized themes and plugins. You will be involved in planning, analyzing, and developing custom solutions to challenging problems. There are many opportunities to grow your knowledge with diverse clients and an environment of exploration and experimentation.
- Creating and maintaining customized themes and plugins.
- Performing WordPress updates.
- WordPress website setup and configuration.
- Responding to support tickets.
- Communicating task estimates and progress and identifying potential problems.
- Keeping accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements.
- Using documented user stories, technical requirements in your development work.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of WordPress development experience or the equivalent.
- Well versed with custom theming utilizing Understrap, Sass, underscores.
- Experience identifying and surfacing potential project issues.
- Passion for the web and open source development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Awareness of best practices in performance and security.
Additional Skills & Experience (Brownie Points for These!)
- Experience working within an agency environment.
- Drupal Experience
- Experience with modern development tools and methods such as BEM, atomic, and responsive design, git, task runners (npm, gulp), CSS preprocessors (sass, less).
- Domain Name administration using various systems, such as Rackspace Cloud, Cloudflare, SiteGround, Bluehost, GoDaddy.
- Awareness of Unix/Linux server administration (VPNs, WHM/cPanel, SSH).
- Build/cli tools: WAMP/LAMP/XAMPP, node.js, npm, gulp, git, ide (atom, vs code, sublime, etc.).
- 401k with Company Match
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment
- Community Involvement Opportunities
This is a full-time position. Remote or onsite at our Keene, NH office.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.